Electric Daisy Carnival: Las Vegas (more commonly referred to as EDC Las Vegas) took place a little over a week ago, and it brought the city of Las Vegas to life. Even though the heat was unbearable, Las Vegas residents, as well as many others who traveled from out of town, turned out in the thousands (300,000 to be exact) to attend this three day festival at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. EDC truly has it all from art and live music to wild carnival rides and circus performers. This year’s DJ lineup included many big names such as Martin Garrix, Disclosure, DJ Snake, and Flosstradamus. One of the big differences between EDC Las Vegas and other music festivals is that, at EDC, the music doesn’t stop. Unlike other music festivals, such as Coachella where the festival grounds close at about 1 AM every morning, there is always someone performing at EDC, whether it is 5 AM or 9 PM. EDC Las Vegas is all about having fun, so here are some highlights from this spectacular weekend where the party never died.
1. The incredible pyrotechnics at every DJ’s set
2. The vibrant colors and images that appear throughout the festival
3. The surplus of colorful bracelets accumulated throughout the weekend
4. Seeing your favorite artist for the first time
5. Watching Galantis until the sun comes up